[petsc-dev] man page for VecChop

Ed Bueler elbueler at alaska.edu
Wed Apr 15 11:19:38 CDT 2015

Dear Petsc --

That man page should say

"Set all values in the vector WITH ABSOLUTE VALUE less than the tolerance
to zero"

instead of

"Set all values in the vector less than the tolerance to zero"

I was very confused til I looked at the source code!

Of course, it would be nice to have a "true" VecChop() *and* a
VecAbsChop(), but that would mean a loss of backward-compatibility ...
wouldn't want that ...

Also, shouldn't VecChop() be implemented in src/vec/vec/interface/rvector.c
instead of orphaned in src/vec/vec/utils/vecio.c ?

Thanks!

Ed

--
Ed Bueler
Dept of Math and Stat and Geophysical Institute