[petsc-dev] provider stuff in package.py

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 30 16:50:28 CDT 2014

  Originally each provider provided a single value which people could query later.

  I had to modify the installProvider to provide multiple values; the —prefix install location and the $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH location

   So why not just expose the providerObject as something that is used directly

self.installDirProvider.installSudo
self.installDirProvider.dir
self.installDirProvider.confdir

  it can still be set package by package.     But you throw away all the messy getXXX() things that are there now and just use directly, for example
self.languageProvider.language self.precisionProvider.precision   etc etc?

Barry