[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] gamg failure with petsc-dev

Rhodri Davies rhodri.davies at anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 05:39:35 CDT 2014

Hi guys,

Have you had any further thoughts on merging the gamg-zerod branch into master? Any update would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Rhodri

Research Fellow
Research School of Earth Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra, ACT, 0200, Australia

T: +61 (0)2 6125 3643
E: rhodri.davies at anu.edu.au<mailto:rhodri.davies at anu.edu.au>
W: http://rses.anu.edu.au/people/dr-rhodri-davies

On 23 Aug 2014, at 06:27, Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov<mailto:mfadams at lbl.gov>> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Stephan Kramer <s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk>> wrote:
An update on this. We have been using mark/gamg-zerod branch and it fixes for us the issue with zero diagonals in the coarsened operators (making the sor smoother, but bizarrely not the jacobi smoother fail). We in fact have some cases where cheby+jacobi does not converge (indefinite pc), but cheby+sor (with the mark/gamg-zerod branch) works well, so we'd be very much interested in getting this (or something similar) merged in master.

Jed: this has been a pull request for 4+ months (#162).