[petsc-dev] I hate nagupgrade

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Tue Nov 11 14:32:45 CST 2014

FWIW, I'm introducing a patch in the PETSc distribution in HashStack to
disable this check from the Makefiles.  I see the value of this being an
opt-in check the user can run: `make info; make self-update`, but not an
automated check unless the user opts-in at configure.  That's the
responsibility of the system/package manager, not a library.