[petsc-dev] KNC build?

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 4 17:58:33 CST 2014

On Nov 4, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Richard Mills <richardtmills at gmail.com<mailto:richardtmills at gmail.com>> wrote:

I noticed that you are using the wrong compiler wrappers.  Instead of 'mpicc', 'mpif90', and 'mpicxx' (which will invoke GNU compilers), you probably want 'mpiicc', 'mpiifort', and 'mpiicpc' (invoke the Intel compilers).

May I remark that that’s a silly setup? It’s far more convenient to have the mpi compiler script to have the same name always, regardless of what compiler and MPI you have loaded.

I understand that you’re already using the software modules system, so there is no reason not to do it that way: the search path is dynamically set so you get the right script automatically.

Btw, if you haven’t replaced the environment modules by lmod (developed at TACC and backwards compatible but far better) you’re behind the times….

Victor.