[petsc-dev] Master doesn't compile

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 2 08:19:28 CST 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014, Pierre Jolivet wrote:

> Hi,
> I don’t think it’s machine dependent, but I’m attaching my make.log just in case it is not reproducible on your end.
>
> Thank you for looking,
> Pierre

Using configure Options: --download-hypre --download-mumps --download-scalapack --download-ptscotch --with-chtml=0 --with-sowing=0 --download-hwloc-shared=1 --with-shared-libraries=1

petsc/src/ksp/pc/impls/jacobi/ftn-auto/jacobif.c:61:11: warning: implicit declaration of function 'PCJacobiSetUseRowSum' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

<<<<<<<

I'm not sure what you are doing here - but if you need fortran petsc
interface - then --with-sowing=0 is wrong.  But if you don't need it -
you would use --with-fc=0. But then you are using mumps - so need
fortran.

So perhaps you should cleanup old sowing stuff you have and use
--with-sowing=1 [default]

To clean up cruft in the git repo -  you can do:

rm -rf arch*
git clean -f -d -x
[and then rerun configure]

Satish