[petsc-dev] Jacobian lag persist with ROSW method

Mani Chandra mc0710 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 21:23:03 CST 2014

Does linearly implicit mean that you can solve any nonlinear system with
the ROSW methods? I set my entire system using TSSetIFunction, without any
TSSetRHSFunction.

I wanted to try the ROSW methods because the THETA methods seems to want a
time step much much smaller than the courant time step for the nonlinear
solver to converge. I checked the validity of the solution and it is indeed
right, so the residual evaluation should be correct. I'm solving for the
general relativistic mhd equations in a fixed background spacetime (kerr
blackhole). There are large variations in the density and pressure  and I
use slope limiters.