[petsc-dev] Updating MOAB version during download

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 16 13:38:51 CDT 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Jed Brown wrote:

> Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> > I consider 'hardcoding' git version' a bug. It should match the url.
> >
> > gitversion = 'HEAD' [or equivalent] would have matched moab-nightly  approximately.
>
> gitversion = 'master' is bad because it's impossible to reproduce a
> consistent earlier state.  We should track releases or otherwise
> "certified" states (tested by the committer at a minimum).

I was trying to say:

if the stated requirement is 'petsc-dev should always use latest moab'
-then one should use:

url = moab-latest.tar.gz
gitcommit = HEAD

Yeah - there are problems with having the above requirement. As the
one you mentioned - and others [I've mentioned].

If this requirment is critical - then one should be ok with some of
these issues.

Satish