[petsc-dev] Fwd:

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:08:50 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Sai Rajeshwar <rajsai24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
>   Im a masters student from Indian Institute of Technology delhi. Im
> working on PETSc.. for performance, which is my area of interest. Can you
> please help me in knowing 'How to run PETSc on MIC' .    That would be of
> great help to me.

The MIC is problematic. The OpenCL support in PETSc runs on the MIC, but
the performance is terrible due
to the very poor OpenCL driver from Intel. They have admitted this, so
there is really nothing that can be done
right now.

We have no native code or OpenMP that runs on the MIC yet. That part of the
code is being worked on this
summer, but its not ready for anyone to use.

Perhaps someone else could comment on the threads work.

   Matt