[petsc-dev] configure failed after update of OSX

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 28 17:32:37 CST 2014

  I think that Jed could reasonably argue that the basic Mac OS infrastructure is so screwy that trying to maintain a reasonable open source package manager on top of it is a lost cause; though I love Mac OS dearly, I would have to agree with him.

  You guys are trying to build a castle in a swamp (which itself has shifting sands), until Apple makes something upon which a reasonable open source package manager could be built you will always have basic troubles. Apple doesn’t seem to know or care

  Barry