[petsc-dev] Possible bugs when using TS with ViennaCL

Mani Chandra mc0710 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 20:03:42 CST 2014

Hi Karl,

I check my solution using -ts_monitor_draw_solution. Ok forget about the
earlier code and try running the code I have attached now. It is basically
the same code but using DMComposite to manage multiple variables. On using
-ts_monitor_draw_solution, you will see two windows with blobs being
advected. Here's a report for this code:

1) Everything works if I use ComputeResidual, irrespective of which
DMSetVecType I use (including VECVIENNACL). Note that in the earlier code
(without DMComposite) the case with VECVIENNACL doesn't give the right
answer but lets forget about the earlier code.

2) Nothing works if I use ComputeResidualVecViennaCL, whatever maybe
DMSetVecType. Again note that in the earlier code this case works only if I
set the vec/mat types to VIENNACL.

Getting this code to work will basically solve my problems.

Sorry for the bother and thanks so much!

P.S I run the code using ./petsc_opencl -ts_monitor -snes_monitor
-ts_max_steps 1000 -ts_type theta -ts_dt 10 -snes_rtol 1e-4 -ts_final_time
1000 -ts_monitor_draw_solution

Cheers,
Mani