[petsc-dev] PCASM+KSPGMRES

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 22 03:07:19 CST 2014

Hi,

 > Well, I don't usually use PETSc  runtime options. I have only a
subset of parameters (PC types, KSP types, etc.) which are interfaced by
my solver and exposed to the end-user. Other few settings (matrix types
for instance) are hardcoded in some objects (which my linear system
solver interface makes use of).

Okay, which parameters are these? Apparently you set PCASM and KSPGMRES
at some point, but are there any others I need to be aware of?

> I can setup a testcase, but it cannot be too simple. You'll have to install my code to run it. I can setup a script for this. If you want to give it a try, I'll send you some instructions tomorrow (here is night already).

I think it's easier if I try to reproduce it directly with some of our
examples first. If I fail to reproduce it, I'll ask you for a test case :-)

Best regards,
Karli