[petsc-dev] bitbucket giving wrong information

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 4 17:18:06 CST 2014

> On Dec 4, 2014, at 5:08 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

>>   Sure and the first step of the workflow is knowing how to create
>>   that local branch.  So how were these created (exactly) and where
>>   is that automated/documented?
>
> I do
>
>  git fetch bitbucket:username/petsc their-branch-name:username/my-branch-name-for-their-branch
>  git push -u origin username/my-branch-name-for-their-branch

   If we are doing this to generate a local branch that people can work with then we need to be more systemic with no my-branch-name stuff. If follow Dominics approach we should do

> git fetch bitbucket:username/petsc their-branch-name:username/pullrequest-their-branch-name
> git push -u origin username/pullrequest-their-branch-name

  If this works then lets document it in the wiki and be done with it.

  Satish, could you check this and document in the wiki. (it goes with our discussion of handling pull requests).

  Thanks