[petsc-dev] The question about the PETSc example

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 08:38:12 CDT 2013

This is not the full FD Jacobian, but the one constructed by coloring. It's
a hunch, but I'd bet DMComposite doesn't have a proper coloring in place.
This should error out. I'll check out why not.

You don't have to alter the source to do this. You can use
-snes_fd_coloring or -snes_fd.

- Peter

- Peter