[petsc-dev] DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 26 11:36:28 CDT 2013

  For vertex centered finite differences it is easy, one simply does not include the boundary nodes in the DMDA and then puts the actual Dirichlet values into the ghost slots.

  For cell centered since the boundary value is the average of the ghost cell and the first cell I don't know how to do this because I don't know what one should put into the ghost location. Maybe include the "ghost" cell as a real point (don't use boundary_ghosted) and make the equation for that last cell force the average of that slot and its neighbor to equal the Dirichlet value.

   Barry