[petsc-dev] DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED

Mark F. Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 26 11:25:18 CDT 2013

I am interested in making a cell centered test problem with Dirichlet BCs.  I want to go high(ish) order and doing explicit stencils (preferred) looks rather messy and I am interest in using ghost cells.  I assume this would entail using DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED.  I do not see any examples or documentation on using this other than just creating it.  Any suggestions?  I would think that there would have to be callback function for the user to set ghost values but I am not seeing anything like this around.  Perhaps I am not understand the intent of DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED.

Mark