[petsc-dev] MATMPIAIJ

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 24 12:36:45 CDT 2013

   You are likely prematurely optimizing.  Are you already solving systems using the new solver on "real" problems? Does profiling indicate that the duplicate memory usage or time to copy are limiting the problems you can run?  I highly recommend finishing  and using your solver interface well before worrying about further optimizations.

    Barry