[petsc-dev] get moving on gnu make version of PETSc compiler

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 17 11:51:04 CDT 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Jed Brown wrote:
>
> > Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> > > Thanks. I also had to fix 'make' thats used by --download-mpich. Both commits
> > > pushed to 'jed/gnumake' and merged to 'next'
> >
> > I haven't heard anything else.  Does that mean it's working perfectly
> > for everyone or that nobody is running 'next'?
> >
> > If it's working, I'd like to merge to 'master' so that I can use it to
> > build in new feature branches.
>
> The build part of the nightly builds of 'next' are clean..

I see a problem when building manually.

          CC arch-linux2-c-debug/obj/src/ts/impls/implicit/alpha/alpha.o
src/snes/f90-mod/petscsnesmod.F:11.72:

        use petscksp
                                                                        1
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'petscksp.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [arch-linux2-c-debug/obj/src/snes/f90-mod/petscsnesmod.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [gnumake] Error 2
<<<<<<<

subseqent make:

          CC arch-linux2-c-debug/obj/src/ts/adapt/interface/ftn-auto/tsadaptf.o
          FC arch-linux2-c-debug/obj/src/ts/f90-mod/petsctsmod.o
src/ts/f90-mod/petsctsmod.F:11.72:

        use petscsnes
                                                                        1
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'petscsnes.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [arch-linux2-c-debug/obj/src/ts/f90-mod/petsctsmod.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [gnumake] Error 2
<<<<<<<

subsequent make is successful.

Perhaps the targets don't have the correct dependencies for these 'module' related sourcefiles?

Satish