[petsc-dev] non portable code in next, why? realpath and system

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 10 07:58:43 CDT 2013

Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
>> 1)  realpath doesn't exist on Apple make alltests gives ugly shit below
>
> Huh, I thought it was POSIX, but it looks like that's only the libc
> function.  Will fix.

This has been fixed in 'next', but the new test code is a bit more
complicated.  It has to manually take the path apart because realpath(3)
requires the path to exist while realpath(1) only needs the implied
containing directory to exist.  An alternative would have been to call
out to python, but I don't want to depend on it existing on the node
running tests.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/e2e8085b812c6e1b8a258f61ab280be1790bea9d