[petsc-dev] writing to petsc-hg

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 9 13:53:55 CDT 2013

>>> FWIW, just want to correct an occasional typo.
>>
>> push is to git repo [I can enable access] - or you can send us the patches [with 'hg diff']
>
>    NO. We want you to write directly, no emailing patches!

He can fork petsc-hg and send pull requests to petsc-hg.  Since petsc-hg
does not have a 'next', I would accept the patch by pulling it via
hg-git and merging it on the git side.  (Nobody else needs to care about
this part.)  It'll find its way into petsc-hg only after it goes to
'master'.  Or Victor can just use Git.

If you know how to email patches without flubbing the formatting, I
think that's perfectly fine.  Using git send-email or the Hg patchbomb
extension is fewer steps than forking the repository and it's plenty
easy to apply (I apply patch series directly from my email client).