[petsc-dev] sor smoothers

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 9 10:51:24 CDT 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Jed Brown wrote:

> >   Sure, this is just a configure/what systems people are using now
> >   issue.
> >
> >   I do note that in my reading Microsoft NEVER plans to support C99
> >   (except parts that are in the C++ standards) so we can never switch
> >   to C99?
> >   http://herbsutter.com/2012/05/03/reader-qa-what-about-vc-and-c99/
>
> Yes, but they are supporting select C99 features.

I see stdint.h missing from VC2005 - but present in VC2010

Satish

----------

balay at msnehalem2 ~/junk
$ cat uint.c
#include <stdint.h>
typedef uint64_t PetscObjectId;
int foo()
{
return 0;
}

balay at msnehalem2 ~/junk
$ cl /c uint.c
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.762 for 80x86

uint.c
uint.c(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such file or directory