[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint] valgrind detected on /usr/local/include and enabled but header files from this dir are not added to build path

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 30 21:54:17 CDT 2013

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Satish Balay wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> > > The issue is: if there is an error in configure thats relavent [for
> > > which we want the user to send us configure.log from the predetermined
> > > location] - but this error happens before the 'file is set' i.e before
> > > PETSC_ARCH is determined.
> >
> > I make some changes in 'balay/simplify-petscarch' and removed
> > dependencies for PETSC_ARCH/PETSC_DIR
> >
> > However configure is still running it after programs.py and few other
> > things. [and I don't see any dependencies on it.
> >
> > Matt, How do I specify that arch.py/petscdir.py should be run at the
> > earliest?
> >

> I have no mechanism for specifying an absolute order. I calculate the
> partial order by
> topological sort and then an arbitrary total order based order in the
> Framework.
>
> It sounds like what we should really do is have a configure module that
> sets up logging,
> and that modules who want to use logging depend on. Then petscdir would
> make that
> module depend on itself.

Matt,

I'm not sure how to do this - so will leave this to you.

Also we might have to make sure 'with-clean' [when the apprpriate
branch is merged] doesn't cause problem with PETSC_ARCH/conf/configure.log

My current related commits - with the cleanup of code and dependencies
for arch.py and petscdir.py - and the remove of code that moves
configure.log to PETSC_ARCH/conf - are at:

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/balay/simplify-petscarch

thanks,
Satish