[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint] valgrind detected on /usr/local/include and enabled but header files from this dir are not added to build path

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 29 14:29:29 CDT 2013

On Oct 29, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Jed Brown wrote:
>
>> Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
>>>   Besides us, hardly anyone uses more than 2 PETSC_ARCH!
>>
>> And here I have 60 on one machine.  It might be time to clean up a
>> little.
>>
>>>   So how about just moving externalpackages into $PETSC_ARCH and
>>>   don’t build some elaborate scheme that reuses tar balls for a tiny
>>>   number of people.  In other words a clean truly means clean and
>>>   gets new tar balls.
>>
>> That sounds good to me.
>
> if we place reconfigure script [copy] in PETSC_DIR -

  ugly confusing clutter.

> need --clean option :)

   But we want to have the clean option because we want to tell users like Aron who run into that type of problem

   “Run $PETSC_ARCH/conf/reconf*.py or ./configure with the additional option —with-clean”

   instead of “remove the directory $PETSC_ARCH then run reconf$PETSC_ARCH.py or ./configure again”. The risk of users making mistakes goes up with the cube of the number of commands they are required to run.

   Barry