[petsc-dev] how to rebase together last two commits in branch?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 22 14:01:54 CDT 2013

   Thanks

  Ok, that works but now when I try to push it won't allow. is there some way to force the push (no one is using this branch it is in a pull request and needed cleaning)

~/Src/petsc  barry/reduce-dmsetup-da-memoryusage $ git push
To git at bitbucket.org:petsc/petsc.git
 ! [rejected]        barry/reduce-dmsetup-da-memoryusage -> barry/reduce-dmsetup-da-memoryusage (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at bitbucket.org:petsc/petsc.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind
hint: its remote counterpart. Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull')
hint: before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.