[petsc-dev] HSL licence

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 22 19:12:24 CST 2013

>    Matt,
>
>     Even with Ians permission we can’t include HSL code in PETSc
>     source because anyone who wants to distribute their stuff
>     commercially would have to strip that source code out of PETSc
>     before making their application. The license is so freaking stupid
>     we can’t include source code with that kind of license.

I have reverted branch 'knepley/feature-mat-orderings' in 'next' and
deleted that branch.  I created a new branch 'jed/feature-mat-orderings'
that fixes Fortran and registration issues and uses mc64ad_ from
SuperLU_DIST when available.

This branch should probably be made to test explicitly for that function
so that commercial users of SuperLU_DIST that have manually removed the
function don't trip over it, though that is moot if you are going to
make a new package (with Iain's permission).  The branch also needs
tests.