[petsc-dev] (no subject)

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 20 15:49:55 CST 2013

Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> writes:
> This http://www.hsl.rl.ac.uk/licencing.html tells me that I am not doing
> anything wrong until we release :)

It says "distribute", which the public repositories and nightly tarballs
would fall under.

> I want this there for testing. Since it is already in SuperLU, I will
> just move it into a package that we can download with configure.

Thanks, but the license would require you to download it from their site
rather than distribute as a tarball that --download-hsl would grab.  You
can contact them to get explicit permission.  I don't know whether
SuperLU or Trilinos has done this, but we should not be doing it without
permission.  If that means we cannot use HSL functions, so be it.