[petsc-dev] sizeof, and ctetgen building before batch

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 15 01:33:37 CST 2013

1. Why do we need to check the sizes of all the types?  Why not just use
sizeof(the type) when we need it?

2. I see that when running in batch mode, checkSizeof() sets a dummy size

        # dummy value
        size = 4

however ctetgen.py (--download-ctetgen) runs _before_ the batch
submission, and it ends up looking at _all_ the types defined to 4,
e.g.,

Checking for size of type: long long
            Defined "SIZEOF_LONG_LONG" to "4"

Checking for size of type: double
            Defined "SIZEOF_DOUBLE" to "4"

Of course this breaks --download-ctetgen.  Looks like if we are
determined to keep all the sizeof macros, we need to ensure that
download-ctetgen runs late enough.