[petsc-dev] code duplication in snes ex12.c

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 14 19:49:20 CST 2013

Geoffrey Irving <irving at naml.us> writes:

> Here you go.  What's the preferred way of submitting little patches,
> again?  These go on top of next.

They can't actually be applied on top of 'next' because 'next' is thrown
away ultimately.  I don't mind where the typo fix goes (can be directly
in 'master', though if there's likely to be more than one, it would be
better either squashed into one "typo fixes in manual" commit or in a
branch, just to keep --first-parent history clean).

I applied the other in a new branch called 'geoff/snes-ex12-cleanup'.
You have access to the repository now, so go ahead and commit there.

Dev workflow is outlined here.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/wiki/developer-instructions-git