[petsc-dev] Uncrustify has fucked up my file

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 31 19:38:07 CST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> You think the moustache looks nice.

Sounds like envy to me. ;-)

> When did we start prescribing blank lines in the middle of source?

Between variable declarations and usage? It has been there since 2004.

> And lining
> up the variables with the pointer mark is crazy. If this is in the manual,
> I want
> a revote on that.

This has been Barry's coding style for all the code I've seen. In lieu of
an explicit statement about coding style, the style used by existing code
_is_ the proper style unless a change is agreed upon. So I would argue this
has always been the established standard.