[petsc-dev] outdated clocks?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 26 23:18:30 CST 2013

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013, Barry Smith wrote:

>   Satish,
>
>      Do we actually ever use dclock(), getclock() or read_real_time() (might be used on BlueGene)? Can some or all o
f them be removed?

None of these are tested [except for nt_time() which gets enabled on windows]

Perhaps we should default to MPI_Wtime()? We appear to check for cray
MPI and default to it. Perhaps its also the prefered one bluegene?

Satish

-------
   ASCI RED machine has a fast clock accessiable through dclock()
    Dec Alpha has a very fast system clock accessible through getclock()
   Power1,2,3,PC machines have a fast clock read_real_time()