[petsc-dev] PETSc goes Doxygen!?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 15 14:37:42 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Karl Rupp <rupp at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The listing of
> http://krupp.iue.tuwien.ac.at/**petsc-doxygen/ksp_2ksp_**
> 2examples_2tutorials_2ex4_8c-**example.html<http://krupp.iue.tuwien.ac.at/petsc-doxygen/ksp_2ksp_2examples_2tutorials_2ex4_8c-example.html>
> is now identical with the one Barry mentioned - except for a violation of
> coding style on lines 49/50 that already affects the sources. I'll send a
> separate email on that.

Why aren't PetscScalar and PetscReal linkified? And all the
PetscLogEventRegister/Begin/End/...

Are these hash URLs stable? What information goes into the hash?

> - Examples now carry correct line numbers even with things stripped out.
> This required a small Doxygen patch, which I've sent to the developers for
> inclusion in the next release.
>
> - Private functions no longer show up in the various modules (this was
> caused by /*MC incorrectly being interpreted as part of a function
> documentation)
>
> There are still a bunch of private data structures shown. There is no
> consistent way of determining whether a data structure is private or not.
> The underscore could be a criterion, but then it misses some rather
> important things such as DM_Plex:
> http://krupp.iue.tuwien.ac.at/**petsc-doxygen/structDM__Plex.**html<http://krupp.iue.tuwien.ac.at/petsc-doxygen/structDM__Plex.html>
> (Note that I could further improve the data field documentation if I were
> allowed to touch sources and replace /* ... */ by /** ... */)

As with all implementation structures, DM_Plex is not user-visible. The
user-visible type is DM and they use DM* and DMPlex* interfaces. The type
documentation is with the type name: DMPLEX ("plex").