[petsc-dev] Documentation comment support

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 9 09:37:50 CST 2013

Hi Barry,

the 'shaky scripts' will mostly be required with a 'no touch' policy on
existing sources, i.e. adjusting the comment blocks such that they are
recognized by doxygen. I get your point regarding a doxygen dependency,
yet a dependency for a documentation system is much more controllable
than a runtime library which you need to get installed at the user's
machine.

The Fortran stubs certainly need additional consideration, yet I propose
to have a closer look at what Doxygen can deliver rather than turning it
down upfront.

Best regards,
Karli