[petsc-dev] Regression.py: only testing external packages for non-complex builds

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 21 19:00:13 CST 2013

On Dec 21, 2013, at 4:26 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> config/PETSc/utilities/Regression.py has the following:
>
>      # add jobs for each external package BUGBUGBUG may be run before all packages
>      # Note: do these tests only for non-complex builds
>      if self.scalartypes.scalartype.lower() != 'complex':
>        for i in self.framework.packages:
>          if not i.name.upper() in ['SOWING','C2HTML','BLASLAPACK','MPI','SCALAPACK','PTHREAD','CUDA','THRUST','VALGRIND','NUMDIFF']:
>            ejobs.append(i.name.upper())
>

> Why is this?  Some tests run correctly with complex and I thought this
> is why we used _Complex and _NoComplex to distinguish.

   Earlier we did not support the complex interface for some packages.

   This goes back to my recent request to rework this stuff to not use the various textexamples_xxx stuff to determine tests but instead possibly use some gnumake syntax. There are just too many combinations of packages, precisions, index sizes, scalar type, to manage which tests get run with the current design.