[petsc-dev] BG hang still broken in petsc-maint!

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 17 10:03:15 CST 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Barry Smith wrote:

>    Derek reported that the maint branch on Blue-Gene still hangs due to the .petscrc business! WTF? Come on guys, this was supposed to have been fixed months ago.

Works with master - but not maint?

The relavent commits are in maint (and petsc-3.4.3) - so I'm not sure
what the issue is.

Satish

-----

balay at asterix /home/balay/petsc (maint)
$ git log --merges --grep=bgq
commit 3b778056deceb36e04d69cacb7fdbb47c6629cc8
Merge: 099d3e5 3a01836
Author: Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov>
Date:   Wed Oct 9 08:48:47 2013 -0500

    Merge branch 'jed/options-insert-bcast-bgq' into maint

    Attempt to work around BG/Q MPI_Bcast bug.  It is unknown whether it is
    successful, but this uses fewer communications so it should not be
    worse.

    * jed/options-insert-bcast-bgq:
      PetscOptionsInsertFile: combine Bcasts for alias and values

commit 2a08145f31bf26ef86d11056c9adcbe6b71cd7b9
Merge: d96a3a3 1ea3218
Author: Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov>
Date:   Thu Aug 29 10:41:24 2013 -0500

    Merge branch 'balay/fix-deadlock-on-bgq' into maint
balay at asterix /home/balay/petsc (maint)