[petsc-dev] branches in the git repository

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 9 22:25:06 CST 2013

   We need a way to organize the “intent” of branches in the repository. Are they throw away tests, long term projects, simple fixes meant to go into next/master soon ….

   Now aside from the names how do we know the intent and history? I’m finding branches of mine that should have been merged into next months ago and are now so far behind they need to be discarded since they cannot be merged.

   Barry

 Plus how come no mater how many times and ways I try to delete origin/barry/fix-get-create  I cannot get rid of it?