[petsc-dev] how to tell if some branch has something useful in it?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 9 21:55:25 CST 2013

  So I found this branch   barry/reduce-dmsetup-da-memoryusage  that has not been merged into master.

  How can I tell if it has something useful in it (ie. something that is not in master that for example improves the dm?) git diff spews all kinds of useless information

   Barry

  Note that we have dozens of branches lying around with forgotten (but possibly good stuff in them), how to we mange their lives?