[petsc-dev] Tutorials

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 7 13:52:57 CST 2013

Hi,

 > Cataloging examples is a persistent problem. I propose the simplest
> possible solution:
>
>    We write a script to get the first line of help[] from all tutorials,
> which then goes to a
>    webpage, broken down by MANSEC.
>
> This would make us fixup the help[] for all tutorials. Does anyone see
> an obvious problem
> with this?

So you want to collect something like
$PETSC_DIR> find src/ | grep examples | xargs grep -F "help["
in an HTML file, split up into sections? Some additional
meta-information would be nice, e.g. the level of
difficulty/sophistication similar to how the PETSc functions are tagged.

> If not, I will write the Python to do the parse, and try to
> reuse Karl's webpage
> building stuff.

Well, there's not much to reuse, it's just putting things into a simple
HTML skeleton. That should be easy :-)

Best regards,
Karli