[petsc-dev] monitor routine for final "iteration"

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 30 20:06:08 CDT 2013

    For TS  I had wanted a way for the monitor routines to know that they were in the final iteration (time-step) so I put in a hack with a time step == -1. Lisandro proposed and implemented a far better solution of just making sure that ts->convergedreason was set for EXACTLY the last call to monitor and using that to indicate the final time-step.

     I suggest we do the same thing for KSP and SNES. This will require moving around slightly the location of Monitor() in the solvers but I took a quick look at the codes and it looks doable.

     Does this sound like a reasonable change to the code?