[petsc-dev] Promote DMDAGetCoordinateDA to DMGetCoordinateDM

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 26 13:48:23 CDT 2012

I don't mind the promotion in principle, but we should be careful what we
mean by "coordinate DM". I don't want to assume a nodal basis, therefore
the only way to "use" a coordinate DM (or coordinate vector) is by local
evaluation which requires DM impl-specific code. If you are planning to
write DM-generic code that assumes you can get a nodal coordinate for a
given dof, then I have to object.