[petsc-dev] Enabling single precision for MUMPS and SUPERLU

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 21 16:48:25 CDT 2012

Stefano:
Are you sure these patches are made out of the latest petsc-dev?
I get
petsc:/sandbox/hzhang/petsc-dev>patch -Np1 < superlu_patch_single.diff
patching file config/PETSc/packages/SuperLU.py
patching file src/mat/impls/aij/seq/superlu/makefile
patching file src/mat/impls/aij/seq/superlu/superlu.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 21.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 142.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 311.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 517 with fuzz 2.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 569.
Hunk #8 succeeded at 618 with fuzz 1.
src/mat/impls/aij/seq/superlu/superlu.c.rej

Similar error on mumps_patch_single.diff.

Patching petsc-3.3 is successful though.

Barry: do you agree with Stefano's approach?

Hong

Hong, attached please find the two patches split.