[petsc-dev] pretty printing PETSc source code

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 19 13:29:20 CDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   As those who watch the petsc-dev RSS feed know (by the way, get a life; surely George Takei's Facebook feeds are more enlightening )

It's not just RSS but the command line and graph display in graphical
programs as well. I only ask that the subject line (aka the first
line) of commit messages be short and informative. The rest of the
commit message can be as verbose as you want.

If you think you can't fit the summary within 75 characters, then it's
time to think about splitting up that changeset.