[petsc-dev] OT: Testers needed for PathScale ENZO 2012

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Tue Sep 18 19:46:22 CDT 2012

Hi

I'm hoping someone with some spare cycles and patience is willing to
help test a nightly ENZO build with petsc.

Here's the nightly which won't require a key (It will ask, but it's
optional)
http://c591116.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/enzo/nightly/Linux/enzo-2012-09-18-installer.run

For BLAS we're testing against this (and in the future will ship our own
built version)
https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/
----------
I'm specifically looking for feedback on the GPGPU side of this and
performance.  The reason why anyone would care - We've put a lot of work
in performance for memory bound kernels, predictable latency and lowest
latency.  (We don't generate any PTX and go direct to bare metal codegen
tied with our own very small runtime.  We officially only support Tesla
2050/2070 cards at this time, but ping me if you have another card you
can test with)

You can replace nvcc with pathcu (We don't support the nvcc flags)

pathcu -c foo.cu # CUDA (Bugs found should be fixed quickly, but expect
bugs - Thrust and CuSP testing also in progress)
pathcc/f90 -hmpp # OpenHMPP
pathcc/f90 -openacc # OpenACC and the flag will be changed to -acc soon

For more details, documentation and or bug reports please email me directly.

Cheers,

Christopher