[petsc-dev] naming of DM specific constructors is backwards

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 13 21:05:19 CDT 2012

   MatCreateSeqAIJ()  etc etc etc

    but

    DMDACreate(), DMRedundantCreate() etc

    Now given that normally we list the subclass name right after the base class in methods, for example KSPGMRESSetRestart() not KSPSetRestartGMRES() it might make sense to always follow the DMXXXCreate() style and change ALL the other sub constructor names to the DM style. Boy I know Wolfgang will not be happy with that :-)

    Should we just fix the DM sub constructors to follow the style of all the other ones?