[petsc-dev] Implementing the Fortran interface for DMSHELL

Richard Tran Mills rtm at eecs.utk.edu
Fri Oct 26 15:42:16 CDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I want to take a stab at implementing the necessary custom Fortran stubs
so that I can use DMSHELL from inside PFLOTRAN.  I have a couple of dumb
questions:

1) I used to know this: How do I mark a routine in the code as one that
requires a custom stub vs. one that can use an auto-generated one?  Is
this just a matter of having "/*@C" vs "/*@" in the comment before the
function definition?  Do I need to do something else?

2) Should I create a test case for this that does something like, say,
create "shell" routines that actually just do something like call the DMDA
ones?  Where should this test go?

Thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Tran Mills, Ph.D.
Computational Earth Scientist      | Joint Assistant Professor