[petsc-dev] Matt: what do to with src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex8.c ?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 23 23:00:32 CST 2012

  Matt,

   src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex8.c   apparently went untested for a long while.

   Recently I added it to the nightly tests. It does not work because it improperly did not call MatAssemblyBegin/End() collectively (in trying to do boundary conditions).

   It appears to be some ancient attempt at doing finite elements for a simple problem (yet uses MatSetValuesStencil?)

   It needs to be fixed up or completely removed from the source code?   I say just remove it all. What do you think?