[petsc-dev] migrating repos from petsc.cs.iit.edu to bitbucket.org

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 18 22:17:44 CST 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, Shri wrote:

> Satish,
>    What's happening with the private repos hosted on petsc.cs.iit.edu? I had a private repo there for my Ph.D. project (ts_emt). Although I don't need it anymore, I just wanted to check if it was backed up somehow.

Yes - I do have backups - and can provide them.

Also your clones of the repos should be an eqivalent backup.

I think all non-petsc projects from petsc.cs.iit.edu can be migrated
to bitbucket [by the project owners] into their own bitbucket [user]
account.

If a 'bitbucket project' is more appropriate - then that could be the
location one would migrate these repos.

Satish