[petsc-dev] remnants of pkg-config in BuildSystem?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 7 17:31:23 CST 2012

If BLAS is a (direct) dependency, it should be listed in the file.
Regardless of depth, pkgconfig --libs --static thepackage should show it.

Multiple compilers only matters insofar as they have a different ABI.
Different MPIs have different ABIs, and that is my primary complaint about
pkgconfig. They don't seem to think this is very important (or it's too
complicated to get right across all systems so they don't try), but the
natural thing is to keep different pkgconfig databases under different
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.