[petsc-dev] Weird interaction between VecDuplicate and VecSetBlockSize

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Fri Mar 30 10:00:25 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to make use of the more advanced features of the hdf5 viewer.

I get the following error when running src/vec/vec/examples/tutorials/ex19.c:
[0]PETSC ERROR: VecLoad_HDF5() line 251 in /opt/HPC/petsc-dev/src/vec/vec/utils/vecio.c Block size 1 specified for vector does not match blocksize in file 2

Upon further investigating, I noticed that if  Vec x2 is obtained by duplicating x1, then setting the block size for x2 also sets it for x1. Is this really the desired behavior?

I am attaching an trivial example.

Blaise