[petsc-dev] buildsystem: cusp location

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 25 16:53:53 CDT 2012

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 16:32, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Isn't the final point here that we are trying to let the user do the
> > dumbest, easiest thing? Maybe no Linux distribution
> > does this, but we are trying to cope with bad input from a user not using
> > a nice distro.
> >
> > The price we would pay for cleaning up our internals is demanding that
> > users think more about the configure input. This
> > is not always a good tradeoff.
> >

> Simple compromise proposal:
>
> --with-cusp-dir=/prefix
>
> Looks in /prefix/include/ for the headers <cusp/version.h>. If
> unsuccessful, it tries /prefix/.

Ok -  for my part I've already agreed to this. [sean proposal (1)?]

BuildSystem has a way of looping over libdir/libname options. Don't
know if it can currently do the same for includes. [Hence my initial
attempt to support cusp/thrust was to do a replace of the default
choice - instead of trying them all]

Satish