[petsc-dev] buildsystem: cusp location

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 25 16:37:10 CDT 2012

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 16:14, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > Note: there is no such package for cusp/thrust to base a default - so
> > the upstream default thats currently implemented is fine [we are
> > supporting actuall use cases instead of fictious ones that don't
> > exist]. If such a package actually existed - then compilers would find
> > cusp/thrust automatically.
> >

> This one puts it in /usr/include/cusp/*.h, therefore we might expect
> --with-cusp-dir=/usr to work (just like every other package; even ignoring
> the "automatically looking in /usr").
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cu/cusp/PKGBUILD
>

> I will eat my hat if any mainstream linux distro does not put the headers
> in the appropriate include directory.

  echo "export CUSP_PATH=/usr/include" > $pkgdir/etc/profile.d/${pkgname}.sh
<<<<

Isn't this contradictary to the prefix rule you mentioned before?

Also - do they package cuda aswell? If so where is is installed [wrt
includes]?

My contention here is 'nvcc' will automatically find cusp - so user
never needs --with-cusp-dir= option.

Satish